End of Year {Packing Up}

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

This is my last week at my school. Cue the water works/parade! I will not be returning next year as I will be working at a different school. I am excited to start something new and different, but the only thing that is standing in my way is packing up this classroom. It took me three adults, two children, and plenty of sticky tack an entire week to put it together.

Now my room looks like this.....



It really makes me sad to see my room so empty and colorless but its that time of the year. One of my students said to me "It kind of looks like we didn't learn anything but we did" and that really stuck with me. Between anchor charts, graded work, and finished projects my room was always ALWAYS full and bright.

Here is my stack of things that need to go:

I really downsized since my room next year will be smaller and I gave my students almost half of my library. No really I did, my library was both of these cabinets. Now my students' binders take up the other half.




I have so many books at home and I figured that they would love to take home a few books that belong to their teacher.

I have a bit of O.C.D. when it comes to packing and I hate digging into countless boxes and not finding what I'm looking for. I made these packing sheets so that I know the contents of every box. I realized, after I packed it of course, that I needed tape. I looked at this sheet and knew which box it was in without digging through all of them.



Does anyone have a system for packing up at the end of year? It always starts off calm and organized.... and then by the end its chaos.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top