EOY Parent Teacher Conferences {Freebie}

Tuesday, May 12, 2015
As the year is winding down, it's that time when the last progress reports have gone home and I am scheduling the very last round of parent teacher conferences for this school year. Throughout the year, I have used one form during all of my parent interactions, and I just uploaded it for {FREE} on TpT!





Why I Love This!
It is so important for teachers to have accurate, detailed records of parent interactions. Unfortunately, without documentations it is difficult to prove or support certain plans or conclusions that were formed during these meetings. I tend to have a difficult time getting my parents to come in, so I will have a phone conference and send this home to be signed and returned. I also copy these and give my parents a copy for their reference. 

A Typical Meeting
As soon as my parents arrive, we sit down and review the agenda. I will review the current report (either report card or progress report) and have parents ask any clarifying questions. Next, we discuss any areas of concern or praise. This is when I talk about behavioral concerns or growth a student is making. After this, I will tell my parents what steps I plan to take in order for their children to be successful in my class and set due dates. I love to ask my parents for suggestions and to set goals for their children at home. We can set up a homework log, or a daily, to ensure students are completing all of their assignments. Sometimes I tutor students after school, or during recess and this would be a step to include in the action plan. 

The best way to deal with an upset parent is to come to the conference with an action plan! It shows that you are also concerned, prepared, and that you care about their children. I included a "Tips for the Teacher" page in this freebie, but if you have any questions or would like to see a completed form, leave a comment below!



How do you document your parent teacher conferences in upper elem?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top